Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7050703 (Ref.No. 1937)
Posted: May 6, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Click here for current Salary Schedules
Hours Per Week:
Varies as needed
The District’s goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that is welcoming to all, fosters and celebrates diversity, and promotes and rewards excellence. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff and students to live, work, and contribute to a global society.
The position is a short-term, temporary, non-Bargaining Unit position not to exceed 160 days per Fiscal Year. This position is open until filled or withdrawn. Must be over 18 years old. To model for the following classes: life drawing, life painting and life sculpture. The classes are either three hours or six hours long, and they meet both day and night time. The majority of the modeling is undraped due to the requirements of the “life” aspect of these classes but there are times when the model is draped. Previous modeling experience at an art institution or college preferred.
You will be contacted should the hiring department/division be interested in scheduling an interview with you to discuss your qualifications and skills. Please do not call the Human Resources Office regarding the status of your application. The most current status of all applications will be available for you to view on our website.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, and weekends as needed.
Must be available for three to six hour sessions.
Non-Bargaining Unit Short Term Temp
Ability to hold extended poses for twenty-five minutes without moving.
Additional Position Information:
Upon hiring, Payroll requires that you present your original Social Security Card for IRS purposes. This requirement is in no way connected to completion of the I-9 form for employment eligibility purposes.
Contingent/conditional job offer: Any NBU job offer that is received is contingent upon successful completion of the Human Resources pre-employment process, as well as approval by the Vice Chancellor of Human Resources or Board approval. The Human Resources hiring process may include, but is not limited to, successful completion of Live Scan fingerprinting, background checks, reference checks, TB testing, as well as completion of new hire paperwork.
It is the employee’s responsibility to incur the cost of any testing required for the position, and there will be no reimbursement for this expense. The fee is approximately $50.
Failure to successfully complete any portion of the hiring process will invalidate any conditional job offer received.
Falsification of, or omission on, any SOCCCD pre-employment paperwork may result in withdrawal of any conditional job offer or termination of employment.
NBU at-will employment: After successful completion of the requirements of Section A, an individual may be employed by the South Orange County Community College District as a short-term, temporary NBU employee. Employment will be on an “if and as needed” basis, as determined by the District.
NBU employment is at-will, and either party may terminate this working relationship at any time. Neither party shall be required to provide any reason for the separation. NBU employees shall not have reemployment rights or recourse to petition to be reinstated.
Single worksite restriction: NBU employees are limited to working in a single position in one department/site. Interpreters and models are exceptions to single site employment.
Work schedules: Department/Division managers, administrators, and/or supervisors shall determine the work schedule of NBU employees to include the number of days and hours worked per week and the start and stop times.
160 day restriction: NBU employees will not work more than 160 days (in any combination of NBU positions) no matter how many hours per day they work. It is the employee’s responsibility to monitor and track the amount of days that they work to ensure they do not exceed the 160 day limit. It is the employee’s responsibility to notify their supervisor and Human Resources immediately if they are approaching the 160 day limit. NBU positions are not part of the Classified service and that by working less than 160 days of a college year, NBU employees are not entitled to any employment.
Substitutes: Substitutes may work for a permanent Classified employee who is on leave, or a vacant Classified permanent position. Substitutes in a vacant Classified position may work a maximum of 90 working days in the position during the recruitment process. NBU employees who substitute for Classified positions may not necessarily meet the minimum qualifications for the position and may, or may not, assume all of the job duties and responsibilities of the position. By substituting for a vacant Classified position, there is no guarantee that the substitute will be selected to interview for the vacant permanent position if posted, or selected for the position if interviewed. Substituting for a Classified position also does not entitle a NBU employee to any future consideration for the same or other positions. Substitutes must complete the online application process during the specified time frame to apply for any permanent Classified position at www.socccdjobs.com.
• Please note that all NBU positions are paid once per month. The NBU pay period runs from the 15th of one month to the 14th of the next. They are paid the month after on the 10th.
• Rate of Pay: NBU employees must inquire with their supervisor as to the rate of pay that they will receive. They must have agreed to the rate, prior to accepting and beginning any current or future NBU assignment. Questions regarding rate of pay must be directed to their supervisor. NBU employees are paid according to departmental budgets, the skill set/level of expertise required for the assignment as determined by the supervisor/department/division, and various other factors, not longevity.
• Classified substitutes will be paid at the first step of the Classified Salary Schedule range of the position that they are substituting for. Exceptions may be paid for previous Classified employees.
• Holidays/Jury Duty: NBU employees are not paid for holidays or other time not worked (i.e. Jury Duty).
• California Sick leave: NBU employees are eligible for California Sick leave per AB1522. Information regarding AB1522 will be sent to all new hires after the new hire paperwork session.
• Overtime: Time and one-half is paid for all hours worked over 40 in one week, per FLSA guidelines.
• Shift pay does not apply to NBU employees.
• Retirement information: NBU employees may not work more than 960 hours from June 15th – June 14th. NBU employees who work more than 1000 hours per fiscal year are required to contribute to the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS), through payroll deduction of about 7-9%. The District does not intend to employ NBU employees for more than 1,000 hours during any fiscal year. The exception to this requirement is that if a NBU employee is currently contributing to PERS from another agency, they will be required to contribute to CalPERS while employed at SOCCCD. Once an employee joins CalPERS, all future assignments will also have CalPERS deducted. It is the employee’s responsibility to inform their supervisor of their CalPERS status for current and future assignments.
Administrative termination: NBU employees who have not worked in a six month period will be administratively terminated due to inactivity. In order to be rehired, the employee must recomplete the hiring process.
Campus Crime and Safety Awareness: Information regarding campus crime and safety awareness can be found at www.saddleback.edu or www.ivc.edu. Paper copies are available in Human Resources upon request.
Mandated reporter: The South Orange County Community College District recognizes the responsibility of its staff to report to the appropriate agency when there is a reasonable suspicion that an abuse or neglect of a child may have occurred. Mandated reporters include faculty, district leadership staff, and classified staff, including Non-Bargaining Unit (NBU) employees.
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Other Doc
At the South Orange County Community College District, our goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that fosters and celebrates diversity, promotes and rewards excellence, and is welcoming to all. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff, and students to live, work, and contribute in a global society. The Plan reflects the District's commitment to equal employment opportunity and outlines the active steps that ensure nondiscriminatory practices.