Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7052957 (Ref.No. P0002896)
Posted: January 28, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
For this position, employees must have at least one of the following:
1. Master’s degree or higher in nursing from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in nursing AND a Master’s degree in health education or health science from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. The minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher; OR
5. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above .
• Validated clinical competence “Clinically competent” as defined in Board of Registered Nursing section 1420(d), which means that a nursing program faculty member possesses and exercises the degree of learning, skill, care and experience ordinarily possessed and exercised by staff level registered nurses of the nursing area to which the faculty member is assigned.
• Knowledge of current technologies used in clinical nursing and/or instructional setting, including the use of computers.
• Evidence of and sensitivity to understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Other requirements as set by the Board of Registered Nursing in Section 1425 ©.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• Theory and clinical‐based experience in medical/surgical nursing and one other nursing specialty including: Pediatrics, Obstetrics, Medical‐Surgical, Psychiatric Mental Health, or Gerontology.
• Recent classroom and clinical teaching experience.
• Knowledge of curriculum design and development.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with colleagues.
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Transcript 4
- Transcript 5
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
- License or Certificate
At the South Orange County Community College District, our goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that fosters and celebrates diversity, promotes and rewards excellence, and is welcoming to all. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff, and students to live, work, and contribute in a global society. The Plan reflects the District's commitment to equal employment opportunity and outlines the active steps that ensure nondiscriminatory practices.