Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7054958 (Ref.No. P0002132, P0014820)
Posted: December 20, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
10-Irvine Valley College
For this position, employees must have at least one of the following:
1. Master’s degree or higher in chemistry from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or biochemistry AND a Master’s degree or higher in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics, physics, molecular biology, or geochemistry from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above.
• Minimum of three semesters of recent experience teaching Organic Chemistry, to include lecture and laboratory at the college level, and/or minimum of four semesters of recent experience teaching General Chemistry, to include lecture and laboratory at the college level.
• Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• Minimum of one year of work experience in chemical related industry.
• Evidence of strong commitment to remain current in chemistry and its instructional programs, which may include recent research experience.
• Demonstrated skills in communicating effectively, both written and orally, with students and colleagues.
• Evidence of experience and proficiency in the use of laboratory equipment and instruction appropriate to high quality college chemistry curriculum, including computer technology in the classroom.
• Experience in designing laboratory experiments.
• Ph.D. in chemistry from a US accredited institution is highly desirable.
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
- License or Certificate