Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7054959 (Ref.No. 7227, 7226, 7227)
Posted: December 20, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
10-Irvine Valley College
For this position, employees must have at least one of the following:
1. Master’s degree or higher in mathematics or applied mathematics from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in either of the above AND a Master’s degree or higher in statistics, physics, or mathematics education from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above.
• Recent and successful teaching of mathematics at the community college or university level.
• Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• Ability and willingness to teach a wide range of mathematics classes at the community college level (algebra, trigonometry, calculus, introductory statistics, ordinary differential equations, and linear algebra).
• Ability and desire to teach upper-level mathematics classes (multivariable calculus, ordinary differential equations, linear algebra), statistics, and/or sections of first-level transfer courses with co-requisite support.
• Experience in the use of technology and the use of platforms such as Canvas, ALEKS, MyMathLab, WebAssign, and Connect Math.
• Knowledge of current teaching practices.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Transcript 4
- Transcript 5
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
- License or Certificate