Posted: December 26, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
• Work collaboratively with the Dean in managing the affairs of the Faculty
• Oversee the educational process including lectures, tutorials, and laboratory sessions
• Monitor the Examinations process including preparation of the examination and invigilation timetables, and supervising the examination officers, including copying, receipt and storage of examination papers;
• Take responsibility for student-staff liaison, including the academic advisor system;
• Encourage and support student extra-curricular activities;
• Assist the Dean in developing and maintaining relationships with industry, the local community, and national and international agencies and organizations;
• Take operational responsibility for programme validation with respect to the Supreme Council of Universities (SCU);
• Provide leadership, working with the staff to achieve the mission of the faculty in the areas of teaching, scholarship and service.
• Foster an attitude and culture which promotes educational excellence;
• Assist the Dean in undertaking the Impaired performance and disciplinary procedures as required;
• Implement academic policies established by the university and faculty;
• Ensure regular department and faculty meetings;
• Participate in the recruitment of qualified faculty members and teaching assistants and provide orientation to new full-time and part-time faculty members
• Introduce course and program modifications and improvements
• Ensure all students are advised and have a clear study plan;
• Address student issues and problems in co-ordination with the Dean;
• Ensure compliance with the standards of the National Authority Quality Assurance and Accreditation as well as appropriate state regulations, where applicable.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
• Professorship with at least ten years’ experience in a leading university. An Emeritus Professors also eligible
• A national/international profile of leadership in research, learning, and teaching