Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7055274 (Ref.No. P0001027)
Posted: January 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
10-Irvine Valley College
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree or higher in music from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in music AND a Master’s degree in humanities from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must complete all Equivalency questions on their application in addition to all other required materials)
• Two (2) years (full or part-time) recent experience teaching music at the college level.
• Proven ability to conduct instrumental ensembles.
Preference will be given to those candidates who demonstrate a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• Experience conducting instrumental ensembles.
• Experience in instrumental program development and coordination.
• Experience in applied instrumental instruction and general education courses in music.
Additional Position Information:
The IVC Instrumental Music Area (IMA) currently encompases the Wind Symphony, Symphony Orchestra, Jazz Ensemble, and Guitar Ensemble. Also in this area are the Applied Music Lessons for instrumental music majors and class guitar instruction.
The IMA has sent students to the CBDNA Intercollegiate Band for the past twenty years, and is active in the Music Assn. of California Community Colleges. The IMA has worked in close collaboration with the composition and theory area, taking rehearsal time to read student compositions, and have programmed some of the resulting compositions.
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Transcript 4
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
- License or Certificate