Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7055356 (Ref.No. P0014854)
Posted: January 17, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
10-Irvine Valley College
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree or higher in journalism or communication with a specialization in journalism from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in either of the above AND a Master’s degree or higher in English history, communication, literature, composition, comparative literature, any social science, business, business administration, marketing, graphics, or photography from an accredited college or university; OR
3. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above (candidates making application on the basis of equivalency must submit the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form in addition to all other required materials.); OR
4. Valid California Community College Instructor Credential, appropriate to the subject, per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July l, 1990).
• Recent substantive experience in the field of journalism and a minimum of two (2) years of recent and successful experience teaching post-secondary English composition.
• Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates who demonstrate a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• Minimum of two years of work experience in the field of journalism.
• Evidence of experience and proficiency in skills relevant to the production, management, and distribution of a college newspaper.
• Recent and successful experience teaching journalism or creative non-fiction.
• Evidence of commitment to maintain current knowledge of composition and/or journalism.
• Recent and successful experience teaching transfer-level composition, research-based writing, and critical thinking.
• Teaching experience based on a philosophy of process-centered writing.
• Experience working with students in a writing center based on a philosophy of process-centered writing and an understanding of its role in a college writing program.
• Understanding of the diverse ways in which the needs of students are met on a college campus, including the ways faculty address student needs through participation in college and district governance.
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Transcript 4
- Transcript 5
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
- License or Certificate