Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7055425 (Ref.No. P0001570)
Posted: January 21, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree or higher in geography from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in geography AND a Master’s degree or higher in geology, history, meteorology, or oceanography from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above. (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must complete all Equivalency questions on their application in addition to all other required materials).
• A minimum of two (2) years of recent and successful experience teaching post-secondary lower-division/undergraduate Geography and/or Global Studies.
• Knowledge and ability to integrate computer technology in the classroom and to offer curriculum and instruction through diverse distance education modes of delivery, as appropriate.
• Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise and experience on the basis of:
• Demonstrated professional development activities related to Geography, Global Studies and/or teaching.
• Ability to collaborate across disciplines.
Travel experience related to the Geography and Global Studies curriculum.
• Desire and demonstrated ability to participate actively in department, division and college meetings, activities and/or college governance.
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Transcript 4
- Transcript 5
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1