Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7055428 (Ref.No. P0001772)
Posted: January 21, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
For this position, employees must have at least one of the following:
1. Master’s degree (or higher) in any biological science from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in any biological science AND a Master’s degree or higher in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above.
• Minimum of one (1) year (or equivalent) of successful experience teaching biological sciences at the college level.
• Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Experience in alternate instructional styles such as computer-aided and individualized instruction.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• One year of community college teaching experience in Human Anatomy and Microbiology.
• Consideration will also be given for experience in teaching Human Physiology, Introductory Biology and Biology for Majors. • Knowledge of cellular biology, genetics, evolution and ecology desired.
• Experience in current laboratory methods in these specific fields is also desired.
• Knowledge of and ability to integrate computer technology in the classroom and be able to use such technology to offer curriculum and instruction through distance delivery modes, as appropriate.
• Experience in teaching students with different learning styles.
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Transcript 4
- Transcript 5
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
- License or Certificate