Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7055515 (Ref.No. P0001560)
Posted: January 24, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling from an accredited college or university; OR
2. A Bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees AND a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT); OR
3. Valid California Community College Instructor credential, appropriate to the subject, per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of item 1 or 2 above (candidates making application on the basis of equivalency must submit the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form in addition to all other required materials).
• Minimum of 2 years full time (or part-time equivalent) recent community college counseling experience.
• Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of community college students.
• Knowledge of articulation agreements, academic policies, requirements, and procedures that impact community college students.
• Experience in matriculation mandates as they pertain to educational planning, follow up intervention probation and disqualification.
Preference will be given those candidates who demonstrate a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• Teaching experience in community college counseling, including personal, academic issues with a diverse student population.
• Strong counseling, communication, and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a collegial setting.
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of state-mandated matriculation policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Experience in the use of computer technology as a teaching tool, a student tracking system, a communication network and with counseling and articulation activities.
• Knowledge of and ability to integrate computer technology in the classroom and to offer curriculum and instruction through diverse delivery and distance education delivery made as appropriate.
• Knowledge of career planning theory, resources and instructional methodology.
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Transcript 4
- Transcript 5
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
- License or Certificate