Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7055517 (Ref.No. P0001510)
Posted: January 24, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree or higher in psychology from an accredited college or university; OR 2. Bachelor’s degree in psychology AND a Master’s degree or higher in counseling, sociology, statistics, neuroscience, or social work from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community Colllege instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above. (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must submit the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form in addition to all other required materials.)
• Two (2) years full-time (or equivalent part-time) recent and successful experience teaching lower-division courses in Psychology at the post-secondary level.
• Qualifications and experience teaching Psychology with an emphasis on Research Methods in Psychology, Physiological Psychology, Social Psychology, and Developmental Psychology (Childhood and Adolescence).
• Evidence of sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, preparedness levels, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• PhD in psychology from an accredited institution of higher education
• 5 years experience teaching undergraduates
• Demonstrated ability to mentor student research projects.
• Ability to teach various courses in psychology with experimental emphasis and quantitative reasoning.
• Recent teaching experience at the community college level.
• Previous experience in college governance and committees.
• Experience utilizing current best practices with learning management systems to offer curriculum for online or hybrid courses.
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Transcript 4
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
- License or Certificate