Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7055838 (Ref.No. P0001566)
Posted: February 11, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
For this position, employees must have at least one of the following:
1. Master’s degree or higher in English, literature, comparative literature, or composition from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND a Master’s degree or higher in linguistics, TESL, speech, education with a specialization in reading, creative writing, or journalism from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above. (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must complete all Equivalency questions on their application in addition to all other required materials).
• Minimum two (2) years of recent and successful experience teaching English composition at the post-secondary level.
• Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• An earned Ph.D. in composition and rhetoric or literature from an accredited college or university.
• Training in and successful experience providing high quality online educational activities.
• Experience integrating technology into face-to-face instruction.
• Experience in student learning outcomes, department reviews, and/or program reviews.
• Evidence of professional development in the areas of composition .
• Evidence of and understanding of the diverse ways in which the needs of students are met on a community college campus, via faculty leadership positions, committee representation, and collaboration at the department, school, college, and district levels.
• Knowledge of and experience with best practices, skills, and pedagogy that lead to student success.
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Transcript 4
- Transcript 5
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1