Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7055861 (Ref.No. P0001515)
Posted: February 11, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree in library science, library and information science OR the equivalent from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990), OR
3. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of item 1 above. (Applicants making application on the basis of equivalency must submit the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form in addition to all other required materials).
• Minimum of two (2) years recent professional experience in an academic library (preferably in community college), with an emphasis on outreach and equity; or
• For recent library school graduates, a specialization in library instruction and/or academic librarianship.
• Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• Knowledge of Open Educational Resources (OERs), open access, or digital instructional materials.
• Knowledge of copyright, permissions, fair use and appropriate attribution of CC Licensed materials.
• Demonstrated ability and commitment to reduce equity gaps and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, genders, cultures, and learning styles, as well as students with disabilities or varied levels of academic preparation.
• Degree from an A.L.A. accredited college or university.
• Knowledge of current teaching pedagogies and experience designing and implementing active learning activities.
• Knowledge of information competency instruction, in person and online.
• Knowledge of print and electronic information resources and services.
• Familiarity with contemporary issues and trends pertaining to libraries and technology.
• Ability to work collaboratively with library staﬀ, faculty, and administrators.
• Knowledge of current technology applications relevant to library services and instruction.
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills for multiple audiences.
• Experience in reference and instruction services in an academic library to a diverse patron community.
• Advocacy for Outreach/Equity through professional development, including attending events, conferences, and participating in social media platforms.
• Commitment to student-centered library services.
• Ability to use and adapt to a range of technologies/software
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Transcript 4
- Transcript 5
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
- License or Certificate