ID: 7056257 (Ref.No. 304245SV)
Posted: March 1, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A postdoctoral position is available immediately in the Department of Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine to study GI cancers. The lab has a strong focus on cancer biology of pancreatic cancer and colorectal cancer, emphasizing on the development of new strategies for early cancer detection and novel therapeutics development. Several projects are available:
1) study of neoplastic progression of colitis associated colorectal cancer;
2) diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers for pancreatic cancer;
3) evaluation of several novel therapeutic targets in cellular and animal models.
The major technologies applied in these projects include genomics, proteomics and wide-range of immunoassays/immunostainings.
- Candidates should have a recent PhD in molecular biology or related biological science fields.
- Knowledge and experience in cancer biology.
- Candidates should have a strong publication record.
- Candidates should have excellent communication skill, be highly self-motivated and work well in a team.
Preferred: Experience in animal study.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.