ID: 7056979 (Ref.No. 231879KP)
Posted: April 16, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A post-doctoral position is available within the Faris D. Virani Ewing Sarcoma Center at The Texas Children's Cancer Center. The Center is focused on furthering our understanding of the molecular pathogenesis of pediatric sarcomas, with a particular focus on Ewing sarcoma. The laboratories within the center perform very basic, translational, and pre-clinical research.
The applicant should be proficient in basic and molecular methods including:
- Cell Culture
- DNA, RNA and protein extraction and associated molecular techniques such as (q)PCR, Western blotting, etc.
- In vitro assays such as cell proliferation, migration/invasion, apoptosis/cell cycle and differentiation
- Flow cytometry and FACS studies.
- Immunofluorescence and IHC staining.
- Genetic perturbation techniques: CRISPR/Cas9, shRNA, etc.
Required: Recent PhD and/or MD
Required: At least 2 years of prior lab experience and familiarity with molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- Prior work with animal model systems.
- Understanding of biochemistry, genetics and cell and molecular biology.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.