ID: 7057628 (Ref.No. 417f9bb9)
Posted: June 6, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available in the Cleveland Clinic Center of Clinical Artificial Intelligence
Job Profile Summary - Utilizes computer programming skills as well as basic statistical and predictive modeling to perform data maintenance, extraction and analytics. Utilizes programing skills in languages such as C#/.NET, SQL, R and/or Python to participate in entire data workflow from project design to ETL to application of statistical techniques for data cleaning and mapping.
• Utilizes process enhancement opportunities to improve the efficiency of data pulling, reporting, programming, operation and etc.
• Works with DBA/Developer on standardizing and improving data pulling, cleansing and loading processes.
• Utilizes SSIS, BIML and Informatica to perform daily ETL tasks on MSSQL, Oracle, Teradata and MySQL databases.
• Performs data modeling and database optimization.
• Interprets and writes complex SQL queries, functions and stored procedures.
• Proactively monitors systems for optimum performance and capacity constraints.
• Applies development skills to complete tasks.
• Responsible for extensive T-SQL development, integration testing and other projects that may be necessary to help the team achieve their goals.
• Performs basic data analysis to include data validation, investigation, and trending analysis.
• Assists Lead Systems Analyst with transforming data into actionable insights and useful information by conducting analysis pertaining to patient profiling, segmentation, path analysis, cluster analysis and cohort analysis to support decision making.
• Builds basic predictive models, mix models, attribution models and other mathematical or statistical models as needed by using modeling tools.
• Identifies technical issues and manages resolution for analytics programs.
• Designs, develops, and maintains relational database reports.
• Designs, develops and maintains reports integrating data between different database systems.
• Assists with scope and task plan development; provides input to resource requirement development.
• Fosters innovation and learning through sharing design ideas and mentoring team members.
• Must be able to effectively and efficiently multitask.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
• Requires critical thinking skills, problem solving, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must have advanced SQL query writing skills beyond SELECT, JOIN, WHERE and UNION statements as well as query plan analysis experience
Training and Work Experience:
• Must possess a minimum training of 2 years and experience conducting data analytics, data management, math or statistical modeling or machine learning.
• Must have well developed object-oriented programming skills in languages such as C#.
• Highly proficient with programing skills in languages such as SQL, R, Python or similar.
• Basic understanding of systems like Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce is desired.
Interested applicants need to forward CV and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Aziz Nazha via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.