ID: 7057708 (Ref.No. 307289DP)
Posted: June 13, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Clinical Ethics Fellowship Program: This competitive Two-year fellowship offers the opportunity to train with the Center’s nationally renowned faculty and staff who lead premier Clinical Ethics Consultation Services at adult, private, and public hospital systems in the Texas Medical Center. This fellowship offers a competitive stipend, excellent benefits, and opportunities for continued professional development. Upon completion of this fellowship, fellows will have the skills, training, and experience to make them competitive for positions in clinical ethics and academic bioethics. Our Fellowship Offers:
- Comprehensive training in clinical ethics consultation including the opportunity to observe and independently conduct ethics consultations for a high-volume Clinical Ethics Consultation Service. (~ 450 consultations per year) at the Houston Methodist Hospital and its affiliates, including on-call duties.
- Participation in Biomedical Ethics Committee and subcommittee meetings.
- Participation in educational activities related to our undergraduate and graduate medical curricula; including the award- winning ethics track program.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations on clinical ethics- related topics for clinical audiences.
- Faculty mentoring on educational development, teaching skills, and research.
- Opportunities for collaboration on scholarly projects.
- Terminal post-graduate degree (JD, PhD, MD, or equivalent).
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, working both independently and collaboratively to achieve mission goals and deadlines.
- Strong presentation and teaching skills.
Center for Medical Ethics & Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine The Center for Medical Ethics & Health Policy comprises 14 primary faculty members, three of whom hold endowed positions, and 25 support staff, housed in on the main Baylor campus in the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas. Our Center’s faculty teach in the undergraduate and Graduate medical curricula, direct an award-winning ethics track for advanced medical students, and are currently developing a new, comprehensive College-wide graduate medical education curriculum in ethics, professionalism, and health policy. Center faculty are actively engaged in funded research supported by NHGRI and NCI of the NIH, PCORI, and private foundations. Our faculty have published more than 700 papers in the peer-reviewed scientific, clinical, and bioethics literature and have authored and edited several seminal books in bioethics. Finally, our faculty are involved in national clinical ethics initiatives and frequently publish on 'best practices' for ethics consultation and launching/sustaining ethics consultation services.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.