ID: 7057714 (Ref.No. 310683SV)
Posted: June 13, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Section of Epidemiology and Population Sciences at Baylor College of Medicine invites applications for a postdoctoral research position to study cancer biology. Primary responsibilities include but not limited to analyzing next generation sequencing data (e.g., RNA-seq, whole genome/ exome sequencing) using state-of-the-art bioinformatical and statistical tools, and developing new statistical methods to answer biological questions that arise in the research. The candidate will be working in a collaborative environment with faculty members in multiple disciplines including bioinformatics, biostatistics and cancer biology.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or other disciplines with strong quantitative background.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Proficiency in R and scripting languages such as Perl or Python.
- Proficiency in C/C++.
- Prior experience with next generation sequencing data analysis.
- Knowledge in cancer biology or genetics.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.