ID: 7057741 (Ref.No. 310274MV)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Under direction of the Center Administrator, plans, coordinates and directs grants and contracts activities for the center. Participates in annual budget planning, development, and monitoring. Performs data analysis and other financial and/or management functions as required. May supervise financial/office support staff and/or manage SAP HR functions, for the organizational unit.
- Administers grants and contracts, pre-award (developing budgets and justifications, assisting in application preparation, etc.) and post- award (monitoring expenditures, preparing financial reports for faculty, etc.).
- Monitors financial activity by compiling, reviewing and reconciling the financial accounts.
- Meets regularly with faculty and staff for account/project status.
- Approves financial transactions.
- Tracks proposals and awards.
- Creates and analyzes departmental financial reports using SAP, Excel, or other software packages.
- Creates ad hoc reports and financial projections using advanced excel functions, Access, or other tools.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of the Center’s annual budget.
- Supervises financial and/or office support staff and direct their work activities.
- May oversee entries in SAP for HR transactions for effort allocation and effort reporting.
- Managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation.
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process.
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation.
- Analyze the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management, Accounting, Public Health, or Health Administration or Four years of relevant work experience in a business administration/business management setting can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Five years of responsible administrative experience with at least two years of experience in a responsible supervisory/managerial position with a Bachelor degree or Nine years of relevant work experience in a business administration/business management setting with at least two years of experience in a responsible supervisory/managerial position without a degree.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or Finance
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)