ID: 7057748 (Ref.No. 305421DP)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
To coordinate grant activities for the CPRIT MIRA grant, including facilitating the submission of progress reports, subcontract agreements; facilitating the creation and management of BCM grant accounts. In addition, this position serves as the primary administrative support for the principal investigators, and provides limited administrative support to research laboratory members.
- Coordinates grant activities for the project. Serves as the primary contact for the CPRIT MIRA grant. Provides guidance and direction to the principal investigators in submitting programmatic, financial and other change requests in a timely manner in compliance with funding agency specifications. Serves as the liaison to BCM Office of Research (OOR) to ensure compliance and completion of documents required to be submitted to the OOR.
- Sends faculty reminders for annual and final progress reports for grants and awards deadlines and assists in the completion of these progress reports; Routes progress reports and formal requests in the BCM online grant system (BRAIN).
- Coordinates the quarterly meetings with CPRIT MIRA principal investigators and making conference room arrangements.
- Assists all research grant personnel, including outside collaborators in the initiation and submission of required Financial Conflict of Interest Disclosure forms for progress reports submissions.
- Coordinates with subcontracting institutions administrative personnel to obtain necessary documentation for the execution of sub- award agreements.
- Monitors grant account spending activity, and reconcile with proposed budget, award restrictions, and actual expenses.
- Submits carry forward requests after annual progress report and last quarter FSR have been submitted and approved by CPRIT.
- Submits rebudgeting requests, to move funds between existing categories unless changes scope.
- Submit PLOE for change in personnel level of effort.
- Generates monthly financial reports, discuss spending trends with faculty, and make recommendations as needed.
- Expenditures need to be monitored monthly and change requests made as soon as determined. Provide invoices for expenditures over $750.
- Submits FSRs, due 90 days after period end date, but BCM will submit 45 days after the period in order to allow for CPRIT approval to occur.
- Submits annual or final progress report before the final quarter FSR.
- Assists in tracking and shipping specimens (incoming and outgoing); logging into database along with the proper documentation for each. Helps facilitate communications and maintain records between external departments/clinical teams.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. with additional technical training beyond high school preffered
- Four years directly related administrative experience.
Preferred: Additional technical training beyond high school.