San Antonio, TX
ID: 7057753 (Ref.No. 302200SM)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This overall leadership position is responsible for the overall coordination and management of the operational, financial and administrative aspects of the BCM San Antonio Operating Unit as stated in the BCM/CHRISTUS Operating Agreement. This position will be expected to work with operational and financial leaders at both CHRISTUS, Children's Hospital of San Antonio and Baylor College of Medicine in order to build a consistent partnership that supports operationally defined growth in all missions, enhances transparency, and integrates clinical, research, and academic growth assumptions in the Children's Hospital of San Antonio strategic plan.
Affiliation Collaboration - 35%.
- Facilitates the meeting of the Joint Management Council and Subcommittees.
- Cultivates the shared leadership function between College Department leadership(Chairs, Administrators and San Antonio in-Chiefs) and hospital administrative leaders by providing information and process management to support strategic decisions that align with annual planning, budget expectations and academic excellence.
- Oversees Contract Administration for the BCM-San Antonio Operating Unit, ensuring all contracts are consistent with BCM policy/required contract terms, all stakeholders are engaged and contracts are in alignment with the overarching affiliation relationship.
BCM San Antonio Operating Unite Financial Oversight - 35%.
- Provides direct oversight of all applicable funds flow related to the BCM San Antonio Operating Unit through the organization of financial data from multiple sources into valuable information identifying trends or gaps.
- Creates accountability for financial performance and variance resolutions related to revenue cycle, productivity and expense management.
- Facilitates the management, planning, and achievement of the annual budget process for clinical, research, and academic programs within the BCM San Antonio Operating Unit.
- Proactively recognizes the need for innovation of this budgeting process, implements necessary changes, an d then monitors the progress of changes.
- Responsible for the oversight of all BCM-San Antonio HR coordination, including recruitment, hiring, promotion and termination efforts.
Mission Support - 30%.
- Participates in the evaluation of strategic initiatives related to research or academic programs.
- Supports the implementation of such initiatives as well as the enforcement of any related compliance policies.
- Understands and articulates the impact of each initiative to the overall financial standing or academic ranking of the College and/or Hospital.
- Oversees administrative support for the Research and Academic missions, working with the local mission leadership to ensure mission functions are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Health Care Administration or related field.
- Ten plus years of directly related experience.
- At least five years of progressively responsible management experience including supervisory duties.
- Experience with planning and administering a budget.
- Expertise in performance management, financial management, data analysis, human resources, and computer applications.
- Ability and proven success contributing to strategic planning in support of the overall business plan.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of people.
- Prior supervisory experience with proven ability to form and manage effective teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Academic healthcare experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- This position is located in San Antonio, TX.