ID: 7057756 (Ref.No. 278923MV)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Assistant Director of Development reports to and assists the Vice President of Development with the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift prospects and contributors on behalf of Baylor College of Medicine. The primary function is to identify and solicit prospects and current friends of Baylor College of Medicine (Baylor).
- Manages a portfolio between 75 and 150 prospects with the capacity to give gifts of $25,000 over 5 years.
- Works with the Vice President of Development to develop annual goals. The expectation will be that this position will solicit $750 - $1M per year with a mature portfolio.
- Secures 100 face to face visits per year.
- Collaborates with Baylor clinical and research staff for substantive development content.
- Actively practices moves management through the benefactor life cycle of identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Establishes relationships with donors who are prospects for estate and planned gifts.
- Documents all donor related activities using Raiser’s Edge donor system.
- Assists in all cultivation and stewardship events that benefit Baylor.
- Actively works at events and engages donors at events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field
- One year of fundraising experience, preferably in a health care or academic environment.
- A cursory knowledge of trust and estate giving strongly preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and one-on-one communication.
- Demonstrated personal initiative, devotion to Baylor mission and on-going personal education and development.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Team player and display diplomacy/political savvy.
- Ability to be entrusted with personal and confidential information and make ethical decisions.
- Must reflect the values of Baylor at all times, with particular emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, integrity, and honesty.