ID: 7057757 (Ref.No. 311935JC)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Location: Healthcare for the Homeless - Houston
The supervisor provides clinical care in the Primary Care Behavioral Health (PCBH) model. This model utilizes brief (15- to 30-minute) visits for a wide variety of behavioral issues that present in primary care. Visits are consultative in nature, working with the primary care providers (PCP) to develop and implement solid treatment plans using evidence-based strategies. Provides supervision and operational support to the Behavioral Health team.
- Carries out the mission of the College and ensures the quality of services through interaction with clients.
- Provides support services to clients with physical health, mental health and/or substance abuse diagnoses.
- Performs assessments of client needs and, with client and primary care clinician, develops a negotiated care plan.
- Provides consultant services to clinical staff based on Primary Care Behavioral Health Consultation model.
- Evaluates and/or revises care plan as indicated with appropriate documentation in progress notes and communicates this to relevant multi- disciplinary team members.
- Builds and maintains a therapeutic relationship with clients through engagement and negotiated goal setting.
- Maintains client case files; maintains all required reports and statistics on each client served to ensure coordinated client services and to document program effectiveness.
- Maintains organization and client/patient confidentiality.
- Advocates with community service providers to facilitate access of clients to needed services.
- Develops referral system with area indigent care system; acts as liaison for client care referrals.
- Serves as liaison for client care referrals to co-located psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse practitioner or psychiatry resident.
- Conducts group classes and group visits to promote skill building, education and improved health for the patient.
- Attends and participates in meetings and Quality Improvement activities as required.
- Serves as a member of agency committees as requested; participates in evaluation of peers, support staff and supervisor as required.
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision of the Behavioral Health team.
- Management responsibilities also include the authority to hire, fire, or promote assigned employees or make recommendations.
- Manages the coverage schedule and electronic health record (EHR) template for the Behavioral Health team.
- Sustains productivity expectations established by supervisor.
- Tracks PCBH fidelity metrics, BH team member volume metrics, and BH team peer reviews on a monthly basis.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling or related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Currently LCSW, LPC or LMFT or completing professional licensure requirements in the State of Texas.