ID: 7057760 (Ref.No. 311384JC)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Baylor College of Medicine is making significant investments in the transformational vision for an Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence capabilities to support its missions. Reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence, the responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to working directly with a variety of customer groups, end users, management and IT team members to identify and deliver on improved enterprise reporting and analytics capabilities. This position will also be involved in the development of roadmaps, standardization and implementation of technologies with cross-functional teams throughout the organization. The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the enterprise data warehouse while engaging in the support and development of new solutions on a continual basis. Also responsible for applying analytical and technical expertise to interact with functional teams, understand requirements, and deliver intelligent, pragmatic designs.
- Performs hands-on development work using tools and systems such as SAP Business Objects, Power BI, SAP HANA, Qlik, etc.
- Applies sound data warehousing design skills (data modeling, ETL, metric infrastructure).
- Interacts directly with customers to understand data needs .
- Performs source data analysis to develop ETL and/or data delivery solutions that meet business needs.
- Analyzes data and relationships to design sound data structures and models.
- Creates dashboards and data delivery mechanisms that further the mission of the College.
- Mines through large amounts of data to perform expedient data reconciliation.
- Recommends best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Healthcare, or a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Five years of Data Warehousing / Business Intelligence Development experience
- Two years of experience with SAP HANA Experience with two years of BI implementation projects.
- Two years of direct experience in an educational healthcare research environment.
- Certifications in Epic Clarity or SAP HANA or other BI Solutions and/or Big Data / Analytics Platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with IT and customers.
- Excellent facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for solutions and data integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple and often conflicting tasks.
- Ability to effectively manage large, complex information technology projects.
- May require ability to assist with writing programs and scripts necessary to support HANA development.
This position may be eligible to work from home one day per week after an orientation and training period at the discretion of the manager.