ID: 7057762 (Ref.No. 310244DP)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a member of the Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) Supply Chain Management team, the Buyer II will be responsible for supporting Senior Buyer, Procurement Manager, and/or Director Supply Chain, in the procures of goods and services in specific commodity areas following state and institutional guidelines. Participates in cross-functional commodity teams to achieve purchasing objectives while monitoring procurement activities. The Buyer II does not have any direct/indirect reports, budget, or revenue responsibility at this level; but consistently functions as a technical leader or a significant contributor to complex problem and/or project.
- Works with product teams or other procurement staff to generate Request for Quotations (RFQ’s) for new or modified parts.
- Corresponds with or interviews approved suppliers to obtain price, specifications, and delivery information.
- Researches and sources suppliers for new items.
- Consults with suppliers, management, departmental, and faculty resources for contractual agreements and priorities.
- Consults and establishes working relationships with other departments and faculty members.
- Participates as a fully contributing member of a project team.
- Often leads projects or the solving of problems.
- Develops strong relationships with customer technical or service personnel.
- Frequent customer presentation.
- Shares opinions, ideas, and resources with others to achieve common goals; fosters teamwork and collaboration, builds trust.
- Fosters commitment in the face of major obstacles.
- Receives general instructions for routine projects and detailed instructions for more complex projects.
- Receives some guidance on process and timing.
- Uses evaluation skills and ingenuity to recommend solutions, which are reviewed by higher levels.
- Progress & results receive general versus detailed review.
- Assists in identifying and qualifying new suppliers and/or subcontractors and prepares documentation to recommend adding to approved supplier list pursuant to BCM procedures.
- Assists in negotiating contracts with suppliers and/or subcontractors to minimize the liability of BCM.
- Contracts will address such issues as stocking or consignment programs, unit price, delivery, terms and conditions, etc. Identifies and realizes cost savings opportunities to achieve yearly cost reduction targets.
- May assist with make/buy evaluations and clarify procurement issues related to the evaluation.
- Sources components or services from approved supplier list, evaluates Request for Quote (RFQ), negotiates price, quality, and delivery.
- Selects supplier and places purchase orders in conformance to BCM procedures and Ethical Codes of Conduct.
- BA or BS degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Operations, related field preferred, or four years relevant work experience with proven performance record and product knowledge of assigned components in lieu of a degree.
- Two years professional experience applying fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in purchasing or materials management.
- Advanced Professional Supply Chain certification (CPM, CPPO, CMRP, or equivalent).
- PC skills including spreadsheet and word processing and/or similar to SAP.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of policies and procedures that apply to assignments.