ID: 7057766 (Ref.No. 255695SM)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Take orders or calls from customers. Takes routine customer service actions to meet the customer's needs. Responds promptly and accurately to customer's inquiries, complaints, and requests for information and coordinates appropriate follow-up. Is responsible for making and scheduling patient appointments in an efficient and timely manner; routes calls to appropriate staff member. Performs routine, and varied clerical duties in accordance with standard procedures of the department. Customer oriented to professionally and pleasantly communicate with internal and external customers in often high pressure situations at all times. Job or call entry tracking of a large number of concurrent jobs or calls.
- May greets customer and/or answer telephones.
- Provides information or directs caller to the appropriate person.
- Verifies information for callers and resolves routine problems.
- Logs in orders or calls and routes to appropriate personnel alerting them to special circumstances which might be involved.
- Checks on the status of jobs or calls in progress as required by customers or fellow co-workers; confers with appropriate personnel and/or supervisors as necessary to assist customer.
- May maintain awareness of work schedules throughout different sections in order to properly inform customers.
- When necessary, confer with supervisor regarding special circumstances on orders or calls.
- May be responsible for retrieving work and original documentation if handling orders.
- Books, coordinates, and reschedules patient appointments.
- Registers patients in Epic system. Verifies insurance of new and returning patients.
- Greets patients in clinic and answers questions.
- Assembles patient charts for next day visits; updates profiles on patients. Interviews new patients via telephone prior to scheduling appointment.
- Calls patients to remind them of their appointments.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office / Windows 2000.
- High school/G.E.D. with some college courses preferred.
- Four years of previous experience as a receptionist, service coordinator, or customer service representative in a service environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to respond promptly and accurately to customers' inquiries and requests for information.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multitask and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.