ID: 7057767 (Ref.No. 312050MV)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Director of Development - Alumni Relations
Establish and maintain strong and mutually beneficial relationships with Baylor College of Medicine alumni across the country. Carry a prospect portfolio and solicit gifts. Plan and execute alumni events and professional conferences.
- Oversee the strategy for an alumni relations program that offers value to the alumni community and inspires philanthropic support among alumni.
- Manage the formation, analysis, implementation, and evaluation of annual alumni fundraising plan in order to meet departmental goals and provide regular reports to senior administration.
- Oversee annual alumni solicitations that support Baylor’s annual giving programs.
- Oversee all strategic initiatives of the Alumni Association and Alumni Relations.
- Carry a prospect portfolio, solicit gifts, and conduct prospect management meetings with institutional leaders as appropriate to maximize support for Baylor College of Medicine priorities from alumni donors and maintain appropriate records in Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Establish metrics to track and assess alumni engagement and identify areas of improvement.
- Leverage technologies to support annual giving strategies and priorities and improve efficiency and ROI.
- Travel throughout the United States, representing Baylor College of Medicine and building relationships with its donors, prospects, and alumni.
- Manage the Alumni Student Ambassador Program in an effort to build life-long connections and facilitate continued engagement and support for the College.
- Collaborate with the Special Events team to develop alumni engagement events with strong consideration of ROI.
- Manage strategy for annual publication and communications calendar.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Promote a collegial atmosphere within the Institutional Advancement and Alumni Affairs team, working cooperatively with all departments to help them attain their overall financial and advancement goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- 7+ years of experience in development and alumni relations with a minimum 5 years of increasing responsibilities and management experience.
- Preference for experience at academic medical center or hospital setting
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of competencies including project management, teamwork, analytical thinking, attention to detail, and client/customer awareness.
- A proven capability to design and execute programs and activities based upon defined strategy and provide complete assessment of performance.
- A strong sense of financial accountability and the ability to manage resources with prudence and efficiency.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Creative thinker with passion and high energy for the mission of Baylor. 8.Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for various meetings, events and trainings.