ID: 7057770 (Ref.No. 311163DP)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Education Program Specialist facilitates course and program administration for the Central Education department and administratively supports operations to satisfy accreditation standards. This position works with a high level of autonomy and must exercise discretion with high volumes of complex, confidential information. A proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain administrative processes is essential to this position.
- Administratively supports the course directors/program coordinators.
- Manages the various system applications utilized in medical education departments.
- Provides course/program materials and documentation on matters relating to education courses.
- Interacts with course/program directors to facilitate course/program objectives.
- Performs critical tasks related to the annual review processes in collaboration with course/program directors.
- Ensures program, student, and department needs are met, resources are identified and recommendations are implemented for improvements or enhancements.
- Creates, implements, and maintains various system applications for all assigned courses/programs.
- Serves as the administrator for one or more medical school subcommittees.
- Coordinates the administrative functions of the department’s medical education courses or fellowship and/or residency program(s).
- Coordinates annual appointment, credentialing, onboarding and off- boarding processes for existing and new faculty, residents, and fellows.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Education, Instructional Technology/Design, or closely related field. Experience in an academic medical center may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- No experience required with a degree.