ID: 7057773 (Ref.No. 311995JC)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Baylor College of Medicine is a top tiered medical school providing excellence in academic, ambulatory and clinical care services. We are looking for a self starter, can-do attitude, exceptional team player with excellent communication and organization Skills. This is an opportunity to flourish in the clinical IT realm and be part of a specialized clinical IT support team.
The Epic Security Analyst is responsible for in-depth knowledge of Epic system software. This includes extensive knowledge of profiles, roles, and security classes across applications in Epic. You are responsible for regular day-to-day communication, demonstrate a deeper understanding of business operations, and work with Epic, the Project Teams, Stakeholders, and end users to tailor the system to fit the organizations’ needs.
The Epic Security Analyst routinely performs in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of Epic, is responsible for developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with Epic applications, and will design, build, test, install and maintain those solutions.
- Coordinate Epic updates and changes with users.
- Aid trainers during user training and keep trainers abreast of new functionality and system changes.
- Assist with all quality assurance processes related with Epic security.
- Assist application managers, directors, the entire project team and others with analysis of business operations and workflow. Collects necessary data to include in project scope and definition for each scheduling installation.
- Manage audit procedures for all Epic security areas.
- Responsible for establishing ownership and change delegation guidelines for areas such as security class and template management.
- Oversight of security workgroup and assist with conflict resolution regarding appropriate access in conjunction with application leads.
- Create/manage user records within Epic in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by Security Governance committee.
- Lead evaluations of updates and revisions for future versions and releases.
- Assign and oversee review of all Nova notes related to Epic Security.
- Drive development of policies and procedures for maintaining users and Provider Masterfile records within Epic application.
- Responsible for managing Security Class restrictions to protect data from unauthorized access.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other analysts.
- Leads identification of continuous improvement opportunities.
- On-call, after-hour and weekend cross-functional support required.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Four years of system administration experience or supporting Epic clinical modules
Preferred: Implementation experience Certification in Epic Security Other Epic certifications are a plus