ID: 7057776 (Ref.No. 267799JC)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Part-time position working 20 hours per week. Responsible for recovering eye tissues needed for transplant and/or research. Evaluates corneal tissue and donor information to determine whether the tissue is suitable for donation.
- Recovers eye tissue from tissue donors for transplant or research purposes.
- Performs and documents donor physical and ocular assessment.
- Obtains blood specimens for serologic testing.
- Performs internal processing of tissue on an as needed bases.
- Requests and obtain medical records of donors.
- Reviews potential donor medical and social history to determine whether the tissue is suitable for donation.
- Delivers eye tissue to surgeons for transplant or research.
- Answers and screens referral calls for eye donors.
- May contact families of qualified potential donors and obtains consent to donate eye tissue.
- Enters referral data into database.
- Maintains clean and safe laboratory environment.
- High School Graduate/GED
- No experience required
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a laboratory or a patient care setting, such as a hospital operating room or morgue. Requires a great amount of flexibility due to the nature of the Eye Bank’s 24 hour business. This may include day, night, weekend, and/or holiday hours in an on-call status occasionally going beyond shift times in order to complete tasks. Physical Requirements: Lifting up to 50 pounds may be required. Physical Risk: Continuously handles/works with biohazards or risks for potential job-related injury, such as those found in an ordinary laboratory or clinic environment.