ID: 7057780 (Ref.No. 308903SM)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Uses unique and advance skills in Flow Cytometry and sorting to achieve the goals of the organizational unit.
- Conducts independent research or developmental projects with minimum supervision.
- Supervises and directs the work activities of lower level laboratory personnel.
- Processes and tests specimen samples from bone marrow, blood, and various other tissues for analysis and diagnosis.
- Counts and measures cells by utilizing a Flow Cytometer for optimum data acquisition, analysis, manipulation, validation, and quality control purposes.
- Analyzes and prepares preliminary reports.
- Records and labels specimen samples in log that includes patient demographic information.
- Learns and develops new research procedures. Participates in the presentation and publication of data and research results.
- Provides instruction and guidance to laboratory personnel.
- Acquires and constantly maintains current knowledge of scientific research.
- Practice quality control procedures in order to produce accurate and valid results used in patient diagnosis and to ensure compliance with federal and organizational guidelines.
- Bachelor degree in medical technology or a chemical, biological or physical science.
- Three years of flow cytometry experience in a laboratory environment. Education will not be substituted in lieu of experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; must be highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Master degree in a chemical, biological or physical science
- Certification as a Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist.
*Occasionally (less than 2 hours/shift) handles/works with biohazards or risks for potential job related injury, rarely coming into contact with hazardous materials.