ID: 7057781 (Ref.No. 310349KP)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Genetic Counseling Assistant to provide support to genetic counselors and physicians through coordination and administration of projects and processes for the oncology and hematology clinics providing genetics services.
- Obtains complete and detailed information from callers to the clinical genetic offices including new patients, established patients and referring providers
- Collects necessary records such as previous genetic testing, medical records, and HIPAA authorizations in advance of patient appointments
- Aids families in the scheduling of appointments and for subsequent appointments for family members
- Aids in preparing the documentation necessary for insurance preauthorization and appeals and tracks the process
- Completes administrative calls to patients, healthcare providers, and genetic testing laboratories
- Mails and/or faxes follow-up documentation to patients and outside referring providers
- Participates in planning meetings relevant to the genetic counseling process
- Interacts with faculty, staff and students to promote the goals and objectives of the oncology and hematology genetics clinics
- May present project data and components to health care professionals at our team meetings.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in a science or health-related field.
Required: Two years of directly related experience.
- Excellent communication skills. contact in a community or medical setting, and previous experience with clinical projects, either in an administrative or clinical role.
- Excellent communication skills.