ID: 7057782 (Ref.No. 311389MV)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Department of Neuroscience is seeking an experienced Grants and Contracts Specialist to work closely with research faculty (25+) on pre-award management of basic science research. This individual will oversee the effort to secure funding for research by coordinating the pre-award grant application process for faculty applying for federal, state, and private foundation grant funding.
- Consults with faculty regarding funding opportunities, eligibility, and application requirements for sponsored funding.
- Develop budgets and prepare administrative sections in the grant applications through various sites such as ASSIST, Fastlane, Grants.gov, proposalCENTRAL, etc.
- Certifies summary data in the College's electronic Biomedical Research and Assurance Information Network (BRAIN) which is used to route applications to our Sponsored Programs Office.
- Work closely with our central Sponsored Programs Office to act as a liaison for our faculty to ensure any issues with applications are addressed in a timely manner.
- Prepares outgoing subcontracts (funded grants) and reviews incoming subcontracts (funded applications from an outside institution).
- Oversees award processing, including verification of data entry and transition to post-award division.
- Assist with annual progress report submissions (administrative aspects).
- Serves as an information resource for faculty, students, and staff- disseminating key information via email and the Office of Research website, as well as presenting College-wide workshops and training sessions.
- Performs other duties relative to the particular grant or contract being administered.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience.
- Three years directly related experience.