ID: 7057783 (Ref.No. 311400JC)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Internal Title: Grants and Contracts Specialist
External Title: Grants Specialist
The primary purpose of the Grants and Contracts Specialist is to provide administrative and support for pre and post award activities within the Dan L Duncan Cancer Center.
- Assists principal investigators with all pre-award activities including submitting proposals in BRAIN.
- Updates biosketches and other support documents.
- Sets up purchase orders for subcontracts and work with Sponsored Programs Office to fully execute.
- Creates / updates databases or spreadsheets for Cancer Center programs.
- Distributes to principal investigators pertinent information relating to contractual provisions and obligations.
- May assist in development of evaluation plans with professional organizations relative to the objective and purpose of grant funding for a particular area of research or training.
- May travel to annual conferences for career development.
- Performs other duties relative to the particular grant or contract being administered.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience.
- Three years directly related experience.