ID: 7057785 (Ref.No. 233633SM)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Performs laboratory testing for the purpose of evaluating the immune status of transplant patient candidates before and after transplantation. Additionally, these tests lead to the matching of donor organs and patient transplant recipients.
- Evaluates immune status of transplant patient candidates before and after transplantation.
- Assures accuracy of testing results. Maintains records of patients’ results.
- Enters patients’ test results into computer.
- Participates in quality control and safety procedures.
- Takes actions to meet hospital / client needs.
- Responds promptly and accurately to hospital / client complaints, inquiries, and requests for information and coordinates appropriate follow-up.
- Duties and responsibilities are performed in compliance with all governmental and University policies, rules, regulations, and codes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological science or equivalent in related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- Within 12 months (under the supervision of senior lab personnel, the laboratory supervisor, and/or the laboratory director), the incumbent must master and complete training in serology, molecular, and flow cytometry assays; draw blood from control subjects as necessary, and advance to on-call capabilities and responsibilities.
This position includes work involving potentially hazardous chemical or biological agents.