ID: 7057786 (Ref.No. 311250SM)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Performs laboratory testing for the purpose of evaluating the immune status of transplant patient candidates before and after transplantation. Additionally, these tests lead to the matching of donor organs and patient transplant recipients.
- Evaluates immunologic status of transplant patient candidates before and after transplantation.
- Assures accuracy of testing results.
- Maintains records of patients’ results.
- Enters patients’ test results into computer.
- Participates in quality control and safety procedures.
- Duties and responsibilities are performed in compliance with all governmental and the Baylor College of Medicine policies, rules, regulations, and codes.
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Biological Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- The incumbent must master and complete training in serology, molecular, and flow cytometry assays and advance to on-call capabilities and responsibilities within one year under the supervision of senior lab personnel, the laboratory supervisor, and/or the laboratory director.
This position includes work involving potentially hazardous chemical or biological agents.