ID: 7057788 (Ref.No. 309031JC)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Developmental Neurogenetics Laboratory studies disorders of excitability and plasticity in the developing brain using genetic mouse models, with an emphasis on epilepsy, cognitive disorders and brain tumor.
Manages and coordinates the activities of the Baylor College of Medicine laboratory to assist faculty in teaching and research programs.
- Consults with faculty to make purchases and maintenance of scientific equipment.
- Arranges service calls for office equipment and orders laboratory supplies.
- Maintains laboratory budgets and allocates spending according to specific grant activities.
- Arranges weekly laboratory group meetings.
- Serves as biosafety officer for the laboratory.
- Assists in preparation of animal/human protocols, amendments, protocol and report writing.
- Performs the subject consent process for registry studies.
- Coordinates specimen collection and submission.
- Bachelor's degree in basic science or related field.
- Five years of relevant experience, with prior supervisory experience.
We invite you to learn more about our benefits and BCM BeWell program.