ID: 7057795 (Ref.No. 311156SV)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Entry level, novice Medical Assistant who possess a basic general knowledge of medical assisting work. Performs patient care responsibilities and provides clerical/administrative support in a clinical setting.
- Performs routine patient care responsibilities such as taking vital signs, venipuncture (blood draws), collect specimens, EKGs/ECGs, and laboratory Point of Care Testing.
- Collects patient history, performs medication reconciliation and enters information in EPIC.
- Notes the primary complaint/reason for patient’s visit.
- Sets up instruments and equipment for Physician.
- Assists with procedures as needed.
- Administers medication under direction of a supervising Physician.
- Instructs Patients on general care and medicine procedures.
- Maintains patient and service rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Schedules patient tests, procedures, and appointments.
- Conducts patient outreach phone calls and post visit follow-ups.
- Responds to routine patient phone calls and My Chart messages and route to RN, ACP or MD as needed.
- Performs clerical/administrative responsibilities such as filing and/or scanning patient medical records, obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, and referral information.
- Takes inventory of clinic supplies and order supplies as needed.
- Sorts and distributes clinic mail and medical records to the appropriate clinic personnel.
- High school diploma/G.E.D. and completion of an approved Medical Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- No experience required.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (CMA, RMA, NCMA or CCMA) is required. New employees who are not currently certified, must obtain certification within six months of employment. All employees must maintain valid certifications required of this position.