ID: 7057802 (Ref.No. 308139SM)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Competent level Medical Assistant who is proficient in delivering patient care in the ambulatory care setting. Performs patient care responsibilities and provides clerical/administrative support in a clinical setting. Provides guidance to entry level Medical Assistants.
- Performs routine patient care responsibilities such as taking vital signs, venipuncture (blood draws), collect specimens, EKGs/ECGs, and POCTs.
- Collects patient history, performs medication reconciliation and enters information in the electronic medical record. Notes the primary complaint/reason for patient’s visit.
- Sets up instruments and equipment for Physician.
- Assist with procedures as needed. Administer medication under direction / order of a supervising Physician.
- Instructs Patients on general care and medical procedures.
- Maintains patient and service rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Schedules patient tests, procedures, and appointments.
- Conduct patient outreach phone calls and post visit follow-ups.
- Performs clerical/administrative responsibilities such as filing and/or scanning patient medical records, obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, and referral information.
- Take inventory of clinic supplies and order supplies as needed.
- Sorts and distributes clinic mail and medical records to the appropriate clinic personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/G.E.D. and completion of a Medical Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- Two years of directly related experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (CMA, RMA, NCMA or CCMA). Must provide proof of the required certification.
- Working knowledge of Medical terminology.
- Positive and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to use equipment and related supplies.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to responds promptly and accurately to customer’s inquiries, and requests for information.
Physical Risk: Risks for potential job related injury such as those found in an ordinary laboratory or clinic environment. Environmental Hazards: Frequently handles hazardous material and possible exposure to blood borne pathogens.