ID: 7057807 (Ref.No. 300427JC)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Provides technical assistance in conducting routine tests in the treatment and diagnosis of disease.
- Performs high volume, routine tests in serology, hematology, chemistry, microbiology, histology, or cytology using validated methods and procedures.
- Prepares reagents and solutions following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Collects specimens such as blood, urine, sputum, and other body fluids for analysis.
- Identifies causes of problems and makes simple corrections by using preset strategies.
- Performs any quality control procedures required for specific tests and records results.
- Reports any abnormalities found in test procedures and results.
- Reports findings in writing, orally, or by computer, conforming to established guidelines.
- Operates and performs preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Associate's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- No experience required.
Preferred: Certified Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) by the American Society for Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).