ID: 7057808 (Ref.No. 310682JC)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Messaging and Collaboration Architect has responsibility for architecture, design, and implementation of technical and business solutions supporting Office 365, SharePoint, Box.com, Email Services, cloud hosted faxing solution and telephony, and collaboration tool environments. Works with other Office of Information Technology (OIT) team members, including OIT architects as a participant in the enterprise architecture technical strategy, and end users to understand business requirements and identify data solutions. The Messaging and Collaboration Architect provides leadership on collaboration tools, interacts daily with business units to determine their support needs and issues, and coordinates the design and implementation of a variety of technology and business projects ranging from new technology deployments to the retirement of legacy components to keep the business of the College moving forward. To be successful in this position, the Messaging and Collaboration Architect will have expert-level traditional AD/Messaging skills and remain technically proficient in and support a wide variety of technologies including VMware, Active Directory, cloud telephony, SSO integration technologies (ADFS), and Windows Server and related applications while being a subject matter expert in collaboration technologies. The candidate must also have a passion for securely provisioning tools to protect Baylor’s critical business and intellectual data.
- Performs technical design authority in messaging and collaboration toolsets for enterprise solutions. Assists in the management of messaging and collaboration escalations between infrastructure and application and SaaS teams.
- Leads Messaging/SharePoint/Telephony/Collaboration projects from a technical and project management perspective.
- Performs evaluation of new and emerging technologies, such as cloud-based collaboration tools and support the secure integration of those products into the environment.
- Interacts with vendors, business owners, and technical teams to propose, upgrade, and implement new technology.
- Maintains technical leadership related to the configuration of dependent components (i.e. hardware, operating system, security, applications, management tools, etc.) as it relates to the messaging and collaboration solutions architecture.
- Researches and tests new technologies to enhance value to the College and in accordance with furthering organizational goals.
- Seeks innovative solutions to problems and makes recommendations for implementations
- As a part of the OIT team, participates in business requirement gathering sessions, gathers user data requirements, understand the user requirements and assist in the reconciliation of technical and business requirements as they relate to messaging and collaboration.
- Maintains, governs and enforces messaging and collaboration architecture-related standards.
- Provides project reports and other documentation throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provides quality assurance for respective projects.
- Along with other members of team, assists in creating and maintaining documentation on messaging and applicable environments. Completes special projects as identified by senior leadership.
- Prepares written reports as needed.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive documentation and meet the SLA’s set with customers for the services provided.
- Resolves conflicting priorities, prioritizes projects and allocates resources to address needs.
- Promotes effective written and verbal communications
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or Computer Science or equivalent technical work experience
- Ten years of industry and system experience with working knowledge of Windows 2012/2008 (Including AD, ADFS, DirSync, DNS, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Seven years of hands on experience managing a large complex MS-based messaging and collaboration environment with a demonstrable track record of managing projects impacting entire organization
- Minimum of three years of Cloud technology administration experience
- O365 and stand-alone SharePoint, Exchange 2013, and Active Directory administration experience in an enterprise level environment
- Passionate desire to 'Wow' end users providing a positive customer experience on every service encounter
- Experience with VB scripting and PowerShell scripting
- Strong communication (both verbal and written), organizational, customer service and time management skills as well as technical project management skills
- In-depth knowledge of MS Exchange, Lync/Skype for Business, and SharePoint both on premise, in the O365 Cloud
- Skilled understanding of digital certificates, identity management, on-prem to cloud migrations platforms
- Adept at presenting technical concepts to non-technical decision makers
- Innovative problem solving, design and testing skills
- Work effectively in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities
- Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse audiences in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
- Demonstrates an eagerness to obtain domain knowledge in order to effectively leverage technical qualifications
This position may be eligible to work from home one day per week after an orientation and training period at the discretion of the manager.