ID: 7057809 (Ref.No. 311139SV)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This is a part-time position for a dietician that will oversee all aspects of nutrition program for Young Adult Diabetes program. This clinic focuses on patients with type 1 diabetes age 17-26. This include development of nutrition education material, providing nutrition education and working with other members of the team. Work will include working with nurse CDE and physician as part of a multidisplinary team in a clinic setting on Wednesdays. Must be able to provide nutrition education for elite athletes and pregnant women with diabetes.
- Directs overall nutrition education for the Young Adult Diabetes Program.
- Works closely as part of a multidisplinary team.
- Calculates individualized diet that meets dietary guildlines of American Diabetes Association and patient’s nutritional needs.
- Must be able to develop diets for elite athletes.
- Must have experience with nutition needs for the pregnant woman.
- Interacts with patients and interviews them to obtain their diet histories and formulate a diet therapy.
- Implements nutrition protocols and ensures that BCM policies and health code requirements are being adhered to.
Education: Required: Bachelors' degree in Nutrition or related field.
Preferred: Masters' degree in Nutrition or related field.
Experience: Required: Three years of directly related experience.
Experience with adults and with teenagers with type 1 diabetes.
Experience caring for pregnant women with diabetes.
Certification/Licenses/ Registration: Required: Must be a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association and may require Food Service Manager Certification from the City of Houston Health Department.
Preferred: Licensed Dietitian by the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR).