ID: 7057811 (Ref.No. 308061JC)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Department of Ophthalmology at Baylor College of Medicine has an opening for an Ophthalmic Technician III. This position will work closely with the physicians, medical staff and patients and assist in optimizing clinical flow by completing patient work-ups and diagnostic tests. Individuals must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, high volume medical environment. Performs a variety of ophthalmic diagnostic tests on patients.
- Obtains patients' past and family history.
- Documents visual acuity; records spectacle data. Screens ocular motility and assesses pupillary response.
- Performs a variety of ophthalmic diagnostic tests.
- Instills eye drops and ointment in patient's eyes.
- Checks refraction for glasses.
- Answers phone messages and patient questions.
- May provide guidance to lower level technicians.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of directly-related experience.
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA), Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT), or Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technician (COMT) by the Joint Commission of Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO).