ID: 7057815 (Ref.No. 311701SV)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Responsible for overall management and direction for all clinical and business operations in the ambulatory care setting, directs, and coordinates the day-to-day activities of patient care. Develops staff and collaborates with physicians and other members of the care team. Builds and maintains a work environment that promotes trust and engagement of competent team members and providers. Partners with the physician Medical Director, leadership team and various support departments to create a patient focused practice environment to drive progress and achieve goals in the areas of patient experience, quality, access, employee engagement, revenue cycle, financial performance, physician satisfaction, care coordination, patient and employee safety, EHR regulatory compliance, e-Health and other initiatives. Manages personnel objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning duties, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and may discipline employees. Communicates updates policies and procedures and job expectations. Conducts annual performance appraisals and makes recommendations for staff increases.
- Assists as appropriate with business operations related to patient registration and services, billing and collections, provider and staff productivity, daily clinic operations, and other business-related functions.
- Develops or participates in the development of clinic objectives and long-range and strategic plans.
- Ensures compliance of the clinical practice with all pertinent regulations.
- Ensures cost-effective operations are delivered and budget is maintained. Develops policies and procedures and updates clinic operations. Works with lead clinical staff to monitor facility and equipment conditions and orders clinic supplies. Communicates and coordinates with the appropriate individuals for equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Provides leadership to direct clinic patient flow, staffing and clinical quality in collaboration with physician and administrative outpatient leaders. Work in partnership with multidisciplinary partners to ensure quality care of the clinic patient population. Assists in the educational mission by continuing and creating aff Adds a layer in the organizational chart between the Practice Administrator and clinical staff, including nursing, MA, Social Work, RD, RT, administrative coordinator, and other staff as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare, Business, and Accounting or related field or four years of relevant work experience in a related medical setting can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- One year of relevant work experience in a related medical setting as a team leader with Bachelor's degree or five years of directly relevant work experience in a related medical setting without a Bachelor's degree. High degree of preference given to individuals with experience in managing clinical practices within an academic environment.
Preferred: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field.
- Knowledge and expertise with clinical practice, preferably in a teaching and research environment.
- Proven leadership in managing staff and projects.
- Fosters growth in teams and implements process improvement.
- Ability to analyze data and financials and apply quantitative analysis to decision-making.
- Comprehends the rules and regulations, which impact health care financing, reimbursement and revenue cycle.
- Able to establish and attain metrics in areas such as satisfaction, outcomes measures, quality and patient volumes.
- Comfortable with diversity of individual specialty practice needs, while creating commonality of culture and process, where desirable.
- Collaborative by nature. Possesses a positive attitude and has a tolerance for ambiguity and is not easily frustrated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Supervises employees.