ID: 7057816 (Ref.No. 230387KP)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Provides planning, design, implementation, testing and documentation of software and database applications that support the mission of Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children’s Hospital (TCH). The application specifications must integrate into the software systems supported by Research Informatics. This position is responsible for coordinating application projects, as well as interpreting specifications and requirements into code.
- Documents software applications developed by Research Informatics, including the maintenance of data dictionaries.
- Provides project leadership.
- Advises, trains and assists clients in the use of software applications developed and supported by Research Informatics.
- Continues education in computer science and information technology in order to propose and implement state-of-the-art concepts and technical solutions.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Management Information Systems or equivalent technical experience.
- Two years of professional experience required with a Bachelor's or Master's degree.
- Master’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in software, application and database development
- Extensive knowledge and experience with object oriented programming.
- Experience in developing database applications and assisting with design of databases.
- Ability to participate in software/hardware release and installation tasks.
- Assists with design, benchmark testing, debugging and maintenance tasks for all the software and programming applications used and maintained by Research Informatics.
- Experience in developing Internet-based applications with Active Server Pages and Java applets.
- Experience in maintaining technical manuals.
- Experience in working with SQL Server and related client-server applications.
- Proficiency in Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Experience in Internet-based applications and development.
- Ability to listen and ask appropriate questions.
- Communicates with investigators and staff using effective verbal and writing skills.
- Capable of working as a member of a team, maintaining one’s composure in stressful situations.