ID: 7057819 (Ref.No. 305379KP)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Handles the data management and data reporting for the Epidemiology Center and for the Long-term Survivors Clinic in the Cancer Center; provides statistical analyses of data for reports, manuscripts, or grant applications; ensures that the goals and objectives of the group’s projects are accomplished within designated time frames and supports leadership in the management and execution of its plans; engages departmental administration and the Center’s members as appropriate.
- Provides day-to-day oversight of research databases.
- Executes queries on data relevant for research projects and LTS clinic.
- Performs periodic quality control and assurance reviews on databases.
- Collects and documents research data.
- Enters study data into a computerized database or case report form.
- Maintains records for clinical study and regulatory documents.
- Participates in designing surveys used in study protocols.
- Works with multiple hospital information systems such as EPIC, BRAIN, Access, and Excel databases.
- Reviews, assimilates, and organizes prospectively-collected clinical data and medical record/health information (retrospectively- collected clinical data).
- Abstracts clinical data into electronic databases.
- Performs routine statistical analyses for epidemiological studies.
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled research staff meetings.
- Works with Center leadership and Office of Research Compliance to perform necessary audits of data and reconciles any discrepancies.
- Works with Center faculty and trainees to analyze data relevant to specific research projects.
- Works with Center faculty to draft statistical plans for reports, manuscripts, and grant applications.
- Works with research coordinators to maintain data entry screens for all research-related databases.
- Provides data support to external collaborators on multi-site projects.
- Works with TCH Information Security/BCM Information Technology offices to maintain and update databases.
- Works with Center leadership to define annual plans in support of center/institute activities and in line with BCM policy.
- Manages projects to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
- Analyzes project goals, plans schedule of deadlines for project completion, and develops action plan and processes for project completion from inception to evaluation.
- Maintains clear communication with director(s) regarding mutual expectations.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for managing project(s) effectively.
- Meets with leadership to provide progress reports and updates on specific projects, as needed.
Required: Bachelor degree in Public Health or in a related field. Preferred: Master degree in Public Health or in a related field.
Required: Four years of relevant work-related experience.
- Working knowledge of database and statistical software, such as MS Access, FileMaker, REDCap, SAS, Stata, R MS Access, FileMaker, REDCap, SAS, Stata, R