ID: 7057829 (Ref.No. 0308699SV)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A Research Assistant position is available in the Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology at Baylor College of Medicine (Baylor). Baylor is located in the world largest medical center and has access to enormous biomedical resources. The research in the department is highly interdisciplinary and translational.
- Designs and conducts research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents and interprets results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- May develop and modify computer programs.
- Selects and determines appropriate research procedures.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- May assign activities to less experienced research staff.
- Master's degree in a basic science or equivalent*.
- No experience required.
*NOTE: A Bachelor's degree in a basic science and two years of directly related experience is considered equivalent to a Master's degree.
- Basic training in cell culture and molecular biology techniques.
- Experience working with mice.
- Motivated, independent, creative, and energetic, and willing to step out of his/her comfort zone to learn new techniques and knowledge.