ID: 7057830 (Ref.No. 0311996KP)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Research Assistant needed to handle drosophila work. The research assistant will be assisting postdocs and students create fly models of human neurodevelopmental diseases.
- Drosophila genetics and husbandry, molecular biology such as cloning and PCR and SDS-PAG/Western blotting, immunohistochemistry of drosophila tissue and imaging with a confocal microscope.
- Designs and conducts research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents and interprets results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- May develop and modify computer programs.
- Selects and determines appropriate research procedures.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- May assign activities to less experienced research staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field. No experience required with a Master's degree.