ID: 7057832 (Ref.No. 188978KP)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This Research Assistant I will be a key position in a lab which will develop investigations to explore modifiers of clinical outcomes for patients with hemoglobinopathies in resource-limited settings. This research will contribute to the understanding of modifiers of disease severity. The PI's work and experience in global health will enable the development of partnerships for appropriate patient-oriented research initiatives in resource-limited settings. The research assistant position will be crucial to continue ongoing experiments. The scope of the research portfolio includes a panel of sickle cell disease (SCD) in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) with emphasis on epidemiology, immunology, and infectious diseases. Thus, this research assistant position is critical for academic progress which will contribute to the acquisition of future research grants and awards. The Research Assistant I performs responsible research work of a complex nature that requires planning, completing, and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.
- Designs and conducts research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents and interprets results of experiments and reports to principal investigator.
- May develop and modify computer programs.
- Selects and determines appropriate research procedures.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- May assign activities to less experienced research staff.
Required: Master's degree in a related field. A Bachelor's degree and two years' related work experience will also be considered.
No experience required.