ID: 7057834 (Ref.No. 308466SV)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A full-time Research Assistant I position is available immediately in the Mitsiades lab at Baylor College of Medicine. The primary purpose of the Research Assistant I will be to provide technical support in carrying out various research projects. An ideal candidate will have experience working in a lab and an overall understanding of lab functions. A part of this role will have administrative responsibilities to include placing orders and receiving shipments and organizing reagents and samples. The position requires strong independent communication and organizational skills.
- Performing laboratory work in molecular and cellular biology including but not limited to DNA preparation, PCR, Westerns, proliferation assays, and tissue culture.
- Performing routine laboratory procedures to assist in the lab's research. Maintaining an accurate, up-to-date, organized, and legible electronic lab notebook that records all data according to methods requested.
- Constructing, assembling, and operating laboratory apparatus and equipments.
- Conducting mouse experiments (breeding, genotyping, irradiation, weighing and evaluating, imaging, administering medications, performing experiments in immunocompromised mice carrying human cancer xenografts) and carrying out research projects to translate basic science discoveries towards drug development endpoints.
- Ordering Laboratory supplies.
- Performing common functions in laboratory.
- Receiving regular lab orders.
- Keeping the lab organized and maintaining inventory on a regular basis.
- Master's degree in a basic science or equivalent*.
- No experience required.
*NOTE: A Bachelor's degree in a basic science and two years of directly related experience is considered equivalent to a Master's degree.
Interested candidates should email their CV, a cover letter explaining their relevant work experience and 3 names of references to Dr Nicholas Mitsiades at firstname.lastname@example.org.